I love the Iron.
I love to fuse stuff with my iron. I love fusible interfacing, vusible fleece, fusible vinyl.
I like to experiment with fusing plastic bags together.
You know those little Pearler beads…
My kids love them.
I have melted plastic-y things everywhere. (They make great fridge magnets.)
We use…and abuse our poor little $10 iron.
Needless to say, I spend many hours trying to scrape the gunk off of the iron so that I can press anything else.
I found a new (to me) method for getting the soleplate clean. And it is super simple too.
1. Heat your iron to Cotton.
2. Put a paper towel on the edge of your ironing board.
3. Lay an unused dryer sheet on top of the paper towel.
4. Press the iron on top of the dryer sheet.
5. Repeat until the gunk is gone.
This has saved the white dress shirts in my home.
Anyone else have a cool method?